(LAST UPDATED JUNE 24, 2019)
THE INFORMATION KOODOS COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Koodos only obtains personally identifiable information such as your name, age, email address and payment card or other information when you provide it voluntarily. For example, personal information may be collected from you to:
• respond to your requests for new content including but not limited to music, podcasts, articles, and memes
• register you for our mailing and text campaign lists or as a user of online or mobile products or services we offer, or to register you for promotions or offers conducted through our websites or mobile campaigns;
• transmit payment information for online or mobile orders;
• respond to other information submitted by you to any of our websites or through any of our mobile campaigns.
This information will be used for the purposes for which you provide it. We may also use this information to communicate with you from time to time for other purposes, such as to create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
We may also use information you provide us for additional purposes as described under “Sharing of Personal Information.”
In addition to personally identifiable information about you, Koodos may collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you. For example, we may automatically collect website use information, such as information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
MOBILE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You must be 13 years of age or older to participate in the Koodos mobile text program.
2. By participating in the Koodos mobile text program and signing up for mobile offers and text updates, you consent to receive future recurring marketing text messages to the mobile number provided from or on behalf of Koodos.
3. Message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Koodos does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages to 566-367.
4. If you would like to be removed from the Koodos mobile text program, you must text STOP to 566-367 (U.S.) to opt-out. This is the exclusive method for opting out. After texting STOP to 566-367 you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed.
5. Koodos reserves the right to remove subscribers from our messaging database at our discretion. For more information, reply “HELP” to 566-367 (U.S.) or contact us at email@example.com.
6. In the event that you change or deactivate your mobile number it is your responsibility to notify Koodos at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your number removed.
7. Koodos will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or undelivered messages. T-Mobile policies require that we specify that T-Mobile, also, will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or undelivered messages.
8. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name, the date, time and content of your messages and other information you provide to us as part of this service. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION, ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
WE HAVE COOKIES!
You can use the options in your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or otherwise change your cookie preferences. Click on the "Help" section of your browser to learn how to make those changes. But remember, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the exciting features of our websites.
In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser, many advertising companies that may collect anonymous information for advertising targeting purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which provide an opt-out from advertisement targeting by their members. You can find more information on these opt-out capabilities on www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
Our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for Demographics and Interest Reporting. This feature gives us insight into behavior information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behavior to give you a better experience while visiting our site.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings Feature on Google. By clicking Ads Settings, you will be taken out of koodos.com to a page on Google where you can control the information Google uses to show you ads. In addition, you can use Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Koodos uses its best efforts to protect your personally-identifiable information and privacy. We do not sell, transfer or disclose your personal information to any third parties other than for the limited purposes described in this policy.
With your permission, we will send marketing information to you, such as promotional offers or information about new product offerings, programs or services. If you do not want to receive this stuff, you can contact us to opt out and we will not send it to you thereafter. Also with your permission, we may occasionally send marketing information to you on behalf of one of our business partners. On our websites, or elsewhere, we may ask if you want to receive marketing materials from our business partners. If you want to receive this stuff, we’ll send it to you… if you don’t want it, just tell us and you won’t get it. But remember, Koodos will not share your personal information with any of its business partners. We will just send a mailing, e-mail, text message or similar communication on behalf of the business partner.
Koodos sometimes contacts other companies for a variety of reasons, such as fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions, and providing technical services for our websites. These companies may have access to personal information if they need it to do their work. However, we will generally obligate these companies to use any personal information only for the purpose of performing their work.
We may, where expressly stated, post certain submissions on our websites. However, we will not include your full name or other personal information identifying you unless you have given us consent to do so
We keep your job inquiries and job applications confidential. However, we may share personal information within our affiliated companies for purposes of evaluating you as a candidate for any openings.
Koodos does reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement or similar investigation.
Finally, we may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Koodos is very sensitive to privacy issues regarding kids. We do not intend our websites to collect personal information from kids under the age of 13.
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s on-line activities. Although our website is not intended to collect personal information from kids under the age of 13, to review any personal information that your child may have submitted to Koodos, to ask us to delete that information or to stop further use of the information, please submit this information to email@example.com.
ACCESS AND OPTING OUT
You are in control of any personal information you give us. If at any time, you want to correct the personal information we have about you, or if you want to change your preferences for contacts from us or on behalf of our business partners, log in, send us an e-mail.
KOODOS’ WEB SITE SECURITY
We take reasonable steps to maintain physical, technical and administrative security of personal information you provide to us. Although we take these steps to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In addition, although we generally obligate third parties who support our websites and their related offers or other programs to use any personal information only for the purpose of performing their work, we do not control such third parties’ website or other security measures.
In the event you send Koodos an e-mail, please remember that the e-mail is not necessarily secured against interception by another party.
LIMITATION TO ONLINE
This policy applies only to individuals who visit our websites or interact with us through any of our e-mail or mobile campaigns. It does not apply to information which we may collect by means other than through our websites and it does not apply to businesses which may use our websites.